This talk has two primary goals:
- Identify the new security challenges associated with using cloud technologies and microservices.
- Showcase how the free and open source tool, Vault, can help reduce those security challenges.
- Discussion of traditional security (perimeter security, firewalls, etc);
- Identifying new challenges and solutions in cloud and microservices security;
- Describe Vault’s architecture and how it provides "secrets as a service";
- Storing static secrets such as WiFi credentials;
- Generating dynamic secrets, such as database passwords or cloud credentials;
- Providing encryption as a service.